Italian sloppy joes. You know, for when you’re tired of the same ol’ sloppy joes recipe, or if you have a jar of marinara that you need to get rid of.
Italian Sloppy Joes
The italian version of an old-fashioned sloppy joe, cheese included.
Write a review
- 1lb ground turkey
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 2 cups marinara sauce
- 4 hoagies or italian buns
- 4 tablespoons shredded mozzarella cheese
- parsley for garnish, optional
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add onion and garlic and allow to saute for 5 minutes. Add ground turkey, oregano seasoning and cook until browned. Drain excess grease in a strainer.
- Add marinara sauce and lower heat to simmer, cooking for an additional 8-10 minutes to allow the sauce to thicken.
- Meanwhile, set the oven to broil. Arrange 4 hoagies on a baking sheet. When meat sauce is thick enough, add 4-5 tablespoons full and fill hoagie bun. Add shredded cheese on-top and cook until cheese has melted.
- Remove from oven and add bun to top. Serve immediately.