So technically this is a late post because we had these for dinner yesterday, but I did blog the Skinny Burrito Bowls which makes up for quantity in the blog department. And it’s a Tuesday so the timing is great for that as well. Fajitas are taco’s cousins.
- 3 tbsp olive oil, divided
- 3 chicken breasts, cut into thin strips
- 1 medium onion, cut into thin strips
- red bell pepper, cut into thin strips
- green bell pepper, cut into thin strips
- yellow green pepper, cut into thin strips
- 1 lime, halved
- 1 tsp chili powder
- ½ tsp paprika
- ½ tsp onion powder
- ½ tsp cumin
- ½ tsp black pepper
- salt, for taste
- In a small bowl, add 1 tbsp olive oil, juice of half a lime and spices. Mix well before adding chicken in bowl as well to coat.
- Over medium heat, add 1 tbsp olive oil to a large skillet. Add half the batch of chicken, cooking 3-5 minutes on each side or until cooked throughly. Repeat with other batch. Remove chicken from skillet and onto a plate. Set aside.
- Add 1 tbsp olive oil to skillet again, adding the peppers and onion this time. Cook for about 4-5 minutes, or until vegetables appear tender. Next add chicken and stir, combining. Squeeze lime juice from other half and serve over tortillas or rice.