The new recycled-almost-weekly recipe in our house is this stovetop Chicken Noodle Soup that we pour overtop mashed potatoes. Probably not the healthiest thing but it sure does taste good!
Note: I’ll give my husband credit for the mashed potatoes addition.
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter
- 1 cup carrots, sliced
- ½ cup celery, sliced
- ½ cup onion, diced
- 8 cups low-sodium chicken stock
- 3 cups egg noodles, uncooked
- 2 chicken breasts, cooked and shredded
- ½ tsp oregano
- ½ tsp basil
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp garlic powder
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- Using a large pot, melt butter over medium heat. Add carrots, celery and onion to pot and cook until tender; about 5 minutes.
- Next add broth, egg noodles, chicken and spices. Stir well and bring to a boil. Once there, reduce heat to simmer and allow to cook for 20-25 minutes, stirring occasionally.