Trying to incorporate more avocado into my diet. I remember there was a time when I didn’t even like avocado and now I’m searching high and low for more recipes that use them. Of course, the standard spreading some over a piece of whole-wheat toast for breakfast never gets old. Or 2 used for a batch of guac. But avocados have endless possibilities; just like how they’re used to add an extra flavor, texture and look to your regular egg salad recipe.
- 6 hard-boiled eggs, diced
- 1 large avocado, diced
- 1 celery stalk, diced
- 2 tablespoons plain Greek yogurt
- 2 tablespoons lite mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Using a medium size bowl add eggs, avocado and celery.
- In a small bowl, add yogurt, mayonnaise, vinegar, salt and pepper. Mix well and add to the medium bowl with eggs, avocado and celery. Combine well.
- Serve immediately or refrigerate in a tight-lid container.