Since I’m heading into week 2, I’m adding another to the list of tried and true 80 Day Obsession recipes. This Carrot Cake Muffin recipe is good as a pre-workout meal if you’re a Plan A like me. 4 muffins will serve as your 1 green, 1 red, 1 yellow and 1 tsp. It’s perfect for a super quick meal, especially if you’re doing your workouts early. No need to wake up SUPER early if you prep these during the weekend.
And just to add a little oomfph! – I’m also adding a .5 tsp of peanut butter on-top of mine, just because I love peanut butter.
- 6 cups shredded carrots
- 1½ cups old-fashioned oats
- 12 eggs, beaten
- 4½ tsp baking powder
- 3 tsp vanilla extract
- 6 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp ground nutmeg
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Well grease a cupcake pan or line with parchment cupcake liners. Set aside.
- Using a large bowl, add all ingredients. Mix well using a wooden spoon.
- Add all ingredients to a blender, pulsing until mixture appears smooth. Remove from blender and carefully fill each cupcake liner.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until a toothpick stuck in the middle of a cupcake comes out clean.
- Allow to cool off for 5-10 minutes before storing or enjoy immediately.