I don’t know anyone else who loves egg salad more than me. It can be made so healthy-ish, it’s simple to make and it tastes great in a variety of ways. Plus it’s loaded in protein! This particular recipe is 2 eggs per serving equaling up to 12g of protein! That’s great for a pre or post-workout meal.
Since I’m still getting the hang of this container counting, I’ve been getting quite a bit of help from some blogs that I’ve found on Pinterest, (thank goodness for Pinterest, by the way) – it can be a little overwhelming at first, so finding food ideas via others who have done it before is a tremendous stress-reliever and makes nutrition blocks seem much more do-able. I’m on week 2 and I’m starting to get the hang of it. You can eat “outside of the box.” You don’t have to eat strictly meat and a vegetable and a teaspoon for each meal. There are some great resources out there that are much more creative, like this egg salad recipe that I found via Carrie Elle.
- 2 hard-boiled eggs, peeled and cut into small pieces
- 1½ tsp lite mayo
- ½ tsp dijon mustard
- ¼ tsp paprika
- pinch of himalayan salt and pepper, for taste
- Add all ingredients into a medium size bowl. Chill for approximately 1+ hour, if possible before serving.
- 1 red, 1.5 tsp for 21DayFix.
How delicious does a breakfast casserole sound? Not to mention the convenience of it already been prepared. All you have to do is pop it in the microwave for a few seconds and enjoy for the remainder of the week. Perfect if you’re like me and prefer to prep your breakfast and lunches for the week on Sunday. Afterall, if you “fail to plan, plan to fail” and I refuse to fail with just a little over fifty days left until summer!
So of course, a casserole is the way to go if you want a little bit of everythin’, There really is no wrong ingredient. I used turkey sausage for mine to keep the healthy factor still there. I basically use turkey for everything though..
Eggs, Sausage and Potatoes Breakfast Casserole
A delicious breakfast casserole that can be prepped and enjoyed for an entire week, or served at brunch.
- 4 russet potatoes, peeled and diced into ½ cubes
- 1lb turkey or italian sausage, chopped
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 red pepper, diced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 6 eggs
- 1/3 cup skim milk
- 2 cups sharp cheddar cheese, divided
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Well-grease a 9x13 baking pan.
- Over medium-heat, boil a medium sized saucepan until water is boiling. Add diced potatoe cubes and cook for 5-7 minutes. Drain and set aside.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, cook sausage until lightly browned. When sausage appears done, add onion, red pepper and garlic to skillet. Cook for an additional 5 minutes. Add to greased baking pan and set aside.
- Using a large bowl, add eggs, milk, 1½ cups sharp cheddar cheese, and black pepper. Whisk well. Next add your egg mixture to the potato and sausage mixture in baking pan. Make sure to stir so that all ingredients are combined well. Sprinkle additional ½ cup sharp cheddar cheese ontop and cover with foil.
- Add baking pan to oven and cook for 20 minutes. When 20 minutes are up, remove foil and cook an additional 15 minutes. Remove from oven and allow to cook off momentarily before serving.