Week 5 of Transform20 means the beginning of the last and final chapter of this workout. I want to do better these next 2 weeks, not because we’re rounding closer to the end but because I believe I CAN do better. I’ve had a “cheat meal” here and there due to celebrations or unplanned events but have done well for the most part overall. I haven’t missed a workout (!!) and finally am to the point where I’m looking forward to being active each day.
This week I’ve added in this flavorful Stuffed Pepper Soup to my menu for lunch. We’ve had some pretty gross weather lately and I’m always craving something that resembles warm comfort food because so. This recipes makes a HUGE serving amount, 10 servings huge, a perfect opportunity to freeze some as well!
21 Day Fix = 1 red, 1 green, 0.5 yellow per 2 cup serving.
- 1lb ground turkey
- 2 cups cooked quinoa
- 1 medium red bell pepper, deseeded and diced
- 1 medium yellow bell pepper, deseeded and diced
- 1 medium orange bell pepper, deseeded and diced
- 1 medium yellow onion, diced
- 3 tbsp minced garlic
- 10oz can of diced tomatoes, juice included
- 15oz can of tomato sauce
- 2 cups beef broth
- 2 tbsp honey
- 1 tbsp worcestershire sauce
- 2 tbsp italian seasoning
- salt and pepper, for taste
- Heat a large deep skillet over medium heat. Add ground turkey and cook until browned. Drain if needed. Re-add turkey to pan followed by peppers, onion and garlic. Allow to saute for 5 minutes.
- Add diced tomatoes, tomato sauce, beef broth, honey and worcestershire sauce. Reduce heat to low, cover and allow to simmer for 45 minutes.
- Lastly, add cooked quinoa and stir well; dividing into 10 plates/containers, 2 cups each.