Since I’m heading into week 2, I’m adding another to the list of tried and true 80 Day Obsession recipes. This Carrot Cake Muffin recipe is good as a pre-workout meal if you’re a Plan A like me. 4 muffins will serve as your 1 green, 1 red, 1 yellow and 1 tsp. It’s perfect for a super quick meal, especially if you’re doing your workouts early. No need to wake up SUPER early if you prep these during the weekend.
And just to add a little oomfph! – I’m also adding a .5 tsp of peanut butter on-top of mine, just because I love peanut butter.
Carrot Cake Muffins
A healthy alternative to a favorite.
- 6 cups shredded carrots
- 1½ cups old-fashioned oats
- 12 eggs, beaten
- 4½ tsp baking powder
- 3 tsp vanilla extract
- 6 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp ground nutmeg
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Well grease a cupcake pan or line with parchment cupcake liners. Set aside.
- Using a large bowl, add all ingredients. Mix well using a wooden spoon.
- Add all ingredients to a blender, pulsing until mixture appears smooth. Remove from blender and carefully fill each cupcake liner.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until a toothpick stuck in the middle of a cupcake comes out clean.
- Allow to cool off for 5-10 minutes before storing or enjoy immediately.
The best pumpkin donut I have ever tasted!
Baked Pumpkin Donuts
Krispy Kreme Pumpkin Spice Donuts will be a distant memory after you try your hand at making your own pumpkin donuts!
- 1½ cup puree Pumpkin
- 3 large eggs
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- 1½ cup granulated sugar
- 1¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- 1½ teaspoon salt
- 1½ teaspoon baking powder
- 1¾ cup all-purpose flour
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 cups confectioners sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon whole milk
- Preheat oven to 350 and lightly grease a donut pan. Set aside.
- Meanwhile, in a medium size bowl add pumpkin, eggs, oil, granulated sugar, cinnamon, salt and baking powder. Mix well until completely combined. Slowly add flour, mixing well.
- Fill each donut til it is ¾ filled and bake for 15-17 minutes, or until a toothpick is inserted and comes out clean. Remove each donut gently using a fork and place onto a cooling rack.
- While donuts are cooling off, add butter into a small size saucepan over med-high heat. Stir well, using a wooden spoon if able. Remove from heat when butter has melted and pour into a medium size baking bowl. Add powdered sugar, vanilla extract and milk. Stir well.
- If donuts are cool enough to handle, dip the top carefully into icing mix and return to the cooling rack. The glaze will harden at a generous speed.
- To maintain a cleaner space - place a piece of parchment paper underneath cooling rack to catch donut icing when it drips.